Most likely since it’s the beginning of a new year, all your new year’s resolutions will start- then (possibly) slowly fizzle out and die. One challenge many people are talking about lately in the creative industry is ‘project 365′.
What the heck is that?
Take one photo a day for a consecutive three hundred and sixty five days of the year. If you’re not into taking photos every day, no fear-there are other options; you could design something every day.
Why would I want to do that?
Many reasons. You don’t have to be a professional photographer or even have an expensive camera to partake in 365. Don’t get me wrong, the pictures turn out better if you know what you’re doing! But it can still be fun, I have a Canon T1i-but I am choosing to shoot my project 365 with my iphone because it’s easier for me to commit, since my phone is always with me. And…if you’re worried that you missed out since it’s already January 5th-don’t! It doesn’t need to start on Jan 1, it’s any consecutive 365 days throughout the year, so what are you waiting for?
If you need even more tips on why or even how, here is a great take on seeing your life in a whole new way.
But…who is doing it?
Well-good thing you asked. Lot’s of people-even companies are getting into it like Threadless. They’ve launched ‘Threadless 365′, where you can get daily behind the scenes stuff from their world.
What do I need to start?
Whether your an experienced photographer, an amatuer or just a hobbyist/photo lover, it’s easy to gather up some tools and get started. These are just some options, you don’t need ALL of them.
- iphone or other mobile device - photo taking
- a film camera or DSLR - photo taking
- scanner – if your using film
- flickr - uploading your photos
- tumblr - upload & blog about your photos, also has an iphone app.
- posterous – upload & blog about your photos
- wordpress - upload & blog about your photos
- twitter - let everyone know about your project
- notebook/moleskine – record when & where the photo was taken, perhaps even the settings or your mood.
Twitter searches & hashtags:
Flickr groups to join
- Project_365 -general
- Project 365 – general
- 365 Days – focuses on a self portrait for each day
- 52 Weeks – general
Beautiful samples to get you motivated
Are you taking the challenge? Let us know. While you’re at it, join the Fuel Your Photography Flickr group and add some of those photos, you never know where you might be showcased! You can also follow us on Twitter.